As part of our effort to keep
Bettas a pleasant "place" to be, you must agree to abide by the below
policies before being added to the Bettas list.
1. When you're replying to a post on the list, please include only enough of the
original post so that your comments make sense. Para-phrasing is fine (e.g.,
"Sarah wanted to know if 500 fry in a spawn was normal")
Also, please do not re-post headers or signatures from the original email.
2. If someone has asked for input or information that wouldn't be of interest
(or isn't applicable) to the list at large, please reply to that person by
private email. (E.g., "If you want to be on my breeders page, send me
your name, address and what you have to sell/trade.")
3. Re-posts of someone else's article should be okayed by the author before
reposting. Please put "Reposted with permission of <name>" at
the beginning or end of the post. If you want to know all the reasons for
this, write to me and I'll be happy to explain.
4. No ads by commercial-scale operations.
5. Textual abuse (AKA flaming) is not acceptable here. Flaming will get
you summarily removed from the list and you won't be allowed to re-subscribe.
6. Please do not post "I'm looking for <....> betta. Does
anyone have any fish they can sell" posts to the list. The Bettas
list publishes a weekly "ad" post; please direct fish wanted or fish
for sale posts to firstname.lastname@example.org
The "ad" post is issued on Saturdays with the subject:
7. Do not, under any circumstances, post "warnings" about new viruses,
appeals for dying <fill in the blank>, get rich quick plans or any other
SPAMs to the list.
8. Please do not post image files (gif, tif, jpg, bmp, etc) to the list.
9.Please do not post to the
list in HTML or any other rich text. Plain text only. Need help, click
That's it :)